Digital Machinist / MachineKit

New Home Forum Updates Digital Machinist / MachineKit

This topic contains 40 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

Super excited but I can’t find magazine frames…The last one I bought doesn’t work. I might just have to make my own.

If only someone made a machine that could cut wood to make a frame…

BT
    Participant

If only there were a machine to make it easier for you to make your magazine frame 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

So let me get this straight, I should make some sort of digitally controlled router capable of precision woodworking? I have a 3D printer I bet I could print most of the parts, I need to run to home depot to see if they have any suitable rail material, maybe I’ll take my skateboard over there (maybe I can use the wheels, or better yet the bearings).

Wait a minute….I see what you guys did there.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The Mostly Printed Frame Making Machine ™!

It would be a good chance to use some of those fancy digital joints I pointed to 10 years ago. It would also be very impressive if you could just make a perfect f-ing miter. You’ve got 4 corners, 4 chances to impress.

I tried to subscribe to the magazine when it came out. They were going to send me a free issue, but it never showed up. I ended up finding it at B&N, but I haven’t seen the issues in between.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have a phone number for the subscription department. I talked with a person this morning. Want the number?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I have a phone number for the subscription department. I talked with a person this morning. Want the number?

Like to talk to a person? Like on the phone?…

I will just try to subscribe through the website again.

Bill
    Participant

Just tried the subscription process and it went smoothly. The proof will be in the mail someday. 🙂

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The winter 2017 issue is at Barnes and Noble now.

Ryan
    Keymaster

YESYESYESYES I just got it,  I have it, I need to put a blurb on the front page.

What did you think?

I love the way Ed wrote that piece, super stoked.

There are two more articles on the way I am not actually sure if I am supposed to say which mags. This has been a fantastic month, and I am using this positive energy to get som things done. New Mini-rambo box is on the printer for final inspection. I should be able to make it into a Rambo and Archim box as well, shoot maybe even a few others. A few new items for the shop on ready to get listed, and more.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I didn’t realize Oprah magazine was that secretive. 🙂

What did you think?

I always like reading build posts. Things people did differently, what their impressions were. This is better written and more detailed than the posts here, so I really enjoyed it.

I thought they gave a good balance of “builds as well as advertised” vs. “don’t expect any miracles”.

Are you still printing the parts on the 4 headed MPCNC?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I didn’t realize Oprah magazine was that secretive. ?

Could you imagine, that would hilarious?!

Are you still printing the parts on the 4 headed MPCNC?

No, it was fun while it lasted but single function printers are just faster. Hopefully there really are not cheaper knock offs available anywhere like amazon or ebay for my parts either!

I did like it. I have never been one to promise the world. It is a machine and you can always get something better suited for your exact needs. You just typically don’t know your exact needs until you have some experience. Hopefully this encourages even more people to just give it a shot with realistic expectations, some learning in mind, and hopefully does not cause too large of a dent in the wallet.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.