Cricut cutter

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Walling 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

David Walling
    Participant

Wife was looking at a cricut at the Joanne’s this morning. I told her my cnc could do all that with the right cutter head… Guess who is now trying to mount a cricut blade to his CNC…

Barry
    Participant

Cool, the rotary blade is geared!

David Walling
    Participant

For what she’s wanting to do, I think I can just get this:

Drag Knife / Vinyl Cutter

Barry
    Participant

If all you’re doing is vinyl you’re good.

David Walling
    Participant

Vinyl, thin paper, Iron transfers.

One of the coolest things I saw while watching was the cricut makes a sticky hold down board. It has a light-weight tacky area that you can put the paper down onto. The backer is the same material as those big cutting mats. It looks like it gives an awesome place for the cutter to run over so that it doesn’t damage the tip.

https://www.amazon.com/Cricut-Standard-Grip-Mat-Mats/dp/B00BSK750Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1523277754&sr=8-5&keywords=cricut

Mike
    Participant

Guess who is now trying to mount a cricut blade to his CNC…

Guess who better start thinking about building another MPCNC because they won’t have access to the one they have now anymore… 😉

David Walling
    Participant
    Guess who is now trying to mount a cricut blade to his CNC…

Guess who better start thinking about building another MPCNC because they won’t have access to the one they have now anymore… ?

Cost-wise, I could just buy her a Cricut. I want to say my MPCNC was about $300 to get running.

Garrett
    Participant

Aaron
    Participant

I think the cricut blades are tangential cutters, so the rotation is driven by a motor, unlike a dragknife. If it rotates freely, it’ll probably work though.

David Walling
    Participant

My wife ended up getting a cricut from her mom for Christmas. We still haven’t had a chance to power it on and use it.

I’m sure it will do better than the MPCNC did, although I can’t complain. I got good results from all the cuts I did.

The last cut I did was to cut out a mask for a paint job I did on something. It came out well. Required minimal work with an exacto to clean up some of the sharper corners.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.