Cramer’s MP3DP

This topic contains 149 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

You can home to Y max which would be over there in a standard setup.

Brandon
    Participant

I’m drawing a blank on how to set it up. Do I need to update the firmware or can I just issue the command and save it?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Config.h line 920 Ymax

/ Direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
    // :[-1,1]
    #define X_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Y_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Make sure to also set an accurate bedsize.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Brandon
    Participant

Do I need a max end stop?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Do I need a max end stop?

Yeah, why are you trying to do that?

Brandon
    Participant

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but if I home X and Y, if there was a part sitting on the bed it seems like it would hit the extruder or X axis since the bed moves to the back.

Brandon
    Participant

I guess the alternative would be to finish the part and then Y home max?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Well, you shouldn’t home with parts on it 🙂

When you’re print is done, the gantry is higher than the part, so it is fine to move the bed, but you might just scratch the top.

I bet what you’re really interested in is tweaking the final gcode to move the part out so you can pop it off. I am AFK, but mine goes something like this:

Relative coordinates.
    Retract a tad.
    Slowly move -20x and -20y to cleave off that last touch spot.
    Move +5z.
    Absolute coordinates
    Home X
    Move Y to +200, which pushes the part out for me to grab it.

Brandon
    Participant

I’m having to level the bed every time I start printing. Parts turn out great once I have it leveled.

2019-01-30-08.11.45

2019-01-31-08.46.44

Ryan
    Keymaster

I would be pretty happy with those prints. Not sure why you would have to re-level every time though.

Brandon
    Participant

I remounted the Mk8 extruder. It has some play in it. Hopefully this time I have it attached more securely.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I had a couple of problems that I thought were related to the mount. I’m using a different extruder, but the motor would get hot enough to deform the strap, and the filament was pulling enough to cause the hotend to lift a little. I designed a new mount… Where did I put that… I should probably just post it to TV.

Brandon
    Participant

I should have purchased the other recommended extruder. 🙂

I guess once this is done printing and I start my next print, we will know if that helped. I need to print the bracket that holds it again. The bottom part is deformed some.

F6A0A5DE-FD65-4B90-B9B1-20FD680836E9

Brandon
    Participant

I had a couple of problems that I thought were related to the mount. I’m using a different extruder, but the motor would get hot enough to deform the strap, and the filament was pulling enough to cause the hotend to lift a little. I designed a new mount… Where did I put that… I should probably just post it to TV.

Which extruder and where is that mount? 🙂 TV as in television?

Brandon
    Participant

I would be pretty happy with those prints. Not sure why you would have to re-level every time though.

These turned out good. I can’t complain with these prints! I just need to be able to “set it and forget it” when it comes to starting a new print.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3397517

TV as in thingiverse.

I bought a aliexpress E3D V6. It’s the right price. but it’s not the standard size, and I ended up replacing enough parts on it that I probably could have bought the genuine one. I think my mount, with the MK8, and not using a BL touch could be a good choice. I don’t hate the MK8, I just wanted the 3:1 reduction for doing finer resolution printing, but I haven’t actually even tried it. :).

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Also, be careful following in my footsteps. I look at this printer a bit as a research printer, and not everything I try works out, or is worth the time it took to get it right. You’ve been warned.

Brandon
    Participant

You’ve been warned.

Ha! I want to use the BL touch. I have the bed leveling sensor on my Printrbot and it works well. I’d like to add it to my ESV2 printer and my new Hevo that I’m putting together. Will the BL touch work with the rambo?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Will the BL touch work with the rambo?

Yeah, no problems there. It attaches to the ZMin pin, and it needs a servo pin to drive it.

I like it a lot. I bought a aliexpress one first, and it might have been part of my trouble. After I had been using it for a while, I ran the M48 test and it was awful. I’m not sure if I bent the pin or what. Since that, I bought the official BLTouch (which I didn’t like to pay for) and it’s M48 is like 0.0002mm. It’s working fine.

My E3D V6 hangs down much farther than the motor, so I lose a few cm in Z. The BL touch on my mount is to mount it low to reach. If you want to use the BLTouch with the MK8. or titan aero, you’ll have to find or make a better mount.

This is how I mounted the BL Touch to my wanhao duplicator i3, which has a mk10 extruder:

IMG_20190110_160526

Brandon
    Participant

I added some clips to hold the glass down. Printing now so I will have to see if it helped when I start the next print.

So I have an issue with the fan cooling on the first layer when I set it to start on the second layer:

FE8EB813-539D-4527-853A-009D700273A1

Got any ideas why it would be doing this?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I don’t recognize those settings. In slic3r, there is a setting for how many layers to have the fan off for. It’s in the filament section, IIRC.

Brandon
    Participant

I don’t recognize those settings. In slic3r, there is a setting for how many layers to have the fan off for. It’s in the filament section, IIRC.

This is using Simplify3D. It works fine with my Printrbot.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Are you sure you have it wired correctly? Can you control the part fan with M106 S255 or M107?

And just to be sure, your extruder fan is on all the time, or at least on whenever the extruder is hot?

Brandon
    Participant

Yes M106 and M107 turn the fan off and on.  I think the extruder fan turns on when it starts to heat up. I don’t get it. I calibrate this thing almost every time I print something.

F21661A0-A150-4081-96E7-7398E7EDC870

I see now that I’m sitting in front of the printer it’s laying down good layers. How can it be so off every time I try to print?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Yes M106 and M107 turn the fan off and on.

It’s not magic. The slicer needs to call M106 after the the first layer. The firmware is just listening to commands. You should be able to look at the gcode and see where it’s putting the M106. I don’t see how this could be a provlem with the printer.

Brandon
    Participant

There is one place I need to check in S3D tomorrow. There is a script when a new print starts where I may have it set to come on automatically.

Brandon
    Participant

I found that little pesky M106 command in my start up script for gcode. Thanks for helping with my memory!!

Brandon
    Participant

My new camera mount for my MPCNC. I’m using the .08 tip and it seems to work good. I’d like to have the camera a little higher, but this works. EF34AB7A-97AB-414F-B3A0-541C84677C89

Bill
    Participant

I’ve printed one of the mounts that holds the camera off the corner of the bed, so it moves with the bed. The puts your focus point always at the same spot on your piece while printing. Haven’t yet put it in place though, need to find a round tuit somewhere first…

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Have you tried the octolapse plugin? It will move the bed to a specific spot to take each photo. The timelapses are pretty cool.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.