Cramer’s MP3DP

This topic contains 149 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 150 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

So I need to add these to the Configuration.h file and flash the firmware to the RamBo now I guess.

The U1 should have set them, and M500 will save them to EEPROM. Putting them in Configuration.h is just to make sure next time you flash it, you will have those settings.

Bill
    Participant

Awfully nice looking little cube there. 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

My first print off the MP3dP:

First print?! Dang, Nice work

Brandon
    Participant

Putting the MP3DP to work. This will be my 3rd 3D printer. I’m ready for number 4…

C9D96C33-707D-4481-A6A4-B7EE34BC76BD

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I think my next printer is going to have to be BIG. like Real Big.

Brandon
    Participant

I think my next printer is going to have to be BIG. like Real Big.

Like how big? Zltech has a 20 pack of 500mm black aluminum extrusion for $69.95. I was going to do 300×300 but maybe I should scale it up a bit.

Brandon
    Participant

I’m not sure at what point I need to go to larger extrusion..

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I’m not ready to get another printer yet. I just know the next one is going to be BIG. Big enough to seem TOO BIG.

I have a handful of nozzles of different sizes that I’m going to experiment with soon, and I’m wondering if my hotend can keep up. I think the biggest one is 1.0mm. I don’t print fast, so maybe it will?

I’ve been printing these and they seem to take FOREVER:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:608012

Brandon
    Participant

So a couple of times in a row I have gotten the Thermal Runaway for the bed warning. I have a feeling it might be the fan blowing on the bed possibly? After a few reboots I was able to print a piece in the lower left corner.

Okay, I changed my mind. I’m going to go for the big one. 400 x 400 x 500. It might take me a few years to build but who’s counting…

Ryan
    Keymaster

What was the bed temp you were trying to maintain? You did not enable the bed PID did you?

Brandon
    Participant

I think I have the bed set for 70.

Are any of these for the bed? I added them to configuration.h file.

#define DEFAULT_Kp 15.64
    #define DEFAULT_Ki 1.01
    #define DEFAULT_Kd 60.56

Ryan
    Keymaster

You should NOT have the PID enabled for the bed (hotend yes, not bed). My default firmware does not have in enabled.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Those are for the hotend not the bed.

How are you running it? If you’re running octoprint, the graph is pretty helpful. Pronterface also has a graph, but it’s not as pretty. If it’s having a hard time maintaining the bed temp, then the graph would show that well.

Thermal runaway is because it’s not staying at the desired temp.

It might not be a false alarm. Is the thermisor well secured to the bed?

What would cause the bed to not heat enough? Ryan’s right that PID on the bed would do it. Maybe a bad power supply or a bad solder.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Here is the graph from the mp3dp:

screenshot-2019-01-17-1547763313

Here is the graph from my wanhao duplicator i3:

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Jeffeb3.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I just remember the PID tuning question, couldn’t remember if both were done or not.

Power supply Amps? Secure wire connections to the bed and board and yes secure thermistor. I agree with Heffe, repetier has a temp graph as well.

Brandon
    Participant

I will have to look at the Simplify3D temp graph. Last two prints worked in the left corner.

2019-01-17-17.28.09

I’m printing the parts for the Hypercube Evolution 400 x 400 x 500. I’ve printed most parts in blue with the Printrbot but this red printed by the MP3DP almost makes me want to switch to red.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Where it is on the bed should have no effect on heating unless you have a loose connection or something.

Brandon
    Participant

I found a small problem. There is always a first for everything!! Reason for leaving lady job… burned down the building!!

C41BF370-E395-4B52-9B14-12C8CF2FE7B1

Ryan
    Keymaster

That isn’t cool. So from what I understand there are only two things that can cause that, bed is messed up (pulling too much power), or perhaps you had a loose connection there (you did not tin the wires did you?).

Brandon
    Participant

That isn’t cool. So from what I understand there are only two things that can cause that, bed is messed up (pulling too much power), or perhaps you had a loose connection there (you did not tin the wires did you?).

This morning I tried printing in the middle again and ended up with the halt error. I started a print in the corner again and I could see a red light showing the bed was heating. I decided to move the bed back and forth. That is where the red light went out pushing it all the way back.

This turned out to be a loose connection. I need to secure the bed wiring to the Rambo so it’s not pulling the wiring from the connector when it moves back and forth.

“USER ERROR”

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Yikes. If you dont mind, can you take some wider shots of that? It sounds like the bed wire is too short and it was pulling the plug 1/2way out, which caused arcing? Is that right?

Brandon
    Participant

Yikes. If you dont mind, can you take some wider shots of that? It sounds like the bed wire is too short and it was pulling the plug 1/2way out, which caused arcing? Is that right?

I just want to point out that this is user error if someone comes along and reads this thread.

Yes, it was pulling on the heated bed cables and worked itself out of the connector. Since this moves around a lot I need to secure it with a cable tie to the Mini Rambo.

I left it at the office I think. I can take a picture when I go back.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have mine cable tied to the bed carrier, and the screw that holds the board to the frame. No connections move just the large loop of wire, that is strategically looped.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

It sounds like it got loose at the mr, so the connector was arcing.

Brandon
    Participant

I have it tied to the board already. I will cable tie it to the screw / spacer behind the Rambo board like you mentioned so it wont move around.

Brandon
    Participant

It sounds like it got loose at the mr, so the connector was arcing.

I put my finger down under the plug and it was hot to touch. That is when I saw the wiring was pulled out slightly.

Brandon
    Participant

Ok. All fixed up ready to test…

Looked like the wire coating prevented me from pushing it far enough in the first time I did it.

52E40026-BA82-4D7F-8136-2794A420EA75

AAD36104-0E5D-4E0D-82F6-4664E08E089A

Ryan
    Keymaster

In the early days of import ramps, this sort of thing was the biggest issue except they had cruddy connectors so it would melt both sides and get real nasty.

Bill
    Participant

Yeah, I have a really scorched green connector around here somewhere still.

Brandon
    Participant

How can I change the Y home to be the back left corner instead of the front left corner?

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.