[Solved] Compiling Firmware for RAMPS

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Troubleshooting – MPCNC [Solved] Compiling Firmware for RAMPS

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Timothy 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #95706

    Ben
    Participant

    I’m having an issue compiling the firmware for RAMPS using the dual endstops. I know it isn’t necessary, but my steppers still aren’t all here from China, so I thought I’d give it a shot. I can compile the non-endstop version (albeit with a warning for an incompatible pointer, but it still uploaded).

    I downloaded MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step_DualEndstop from the GitHub page. I made sure I had Arduino 1.8.9, and installed the latest version of the u8glib file as instructed. I get hundreds of errors, but I think the key error is the first one:

    In file included from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdlib.h:48:0,

    from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:23,

    from c:\users\bahro\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_761423\sketch\src\hal\hal_avr\hal.h:27,

    from c:\users\bahro\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_761423\sketch\src\inc\marlinconfig.h:30,

    from sketch\src\gcode\config\M302.cpp:23:

    c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\lib\gcc\avr\5.4.0\include\stddef.h:216:1: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘typedef’

    typedef __SIZE_TYPE__ size_t;

    ^

    All the other errors whine about how “size_t” being undeclared, which makes sense since the typedef didn’t compile. My question is what could make it not work? I haven’t programmed in C++ for over a decade.

    #95718

    kd2018
    Participant

    It compiled fine for me. Did you select the “Arduino Mega 2560” board under Tools -> Board ? Also select Atmega 2560 in Tools -> Processor?

    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Ben
    #95728

    Ben
    Participant

    Oddly enough, yes.

    I tried compiling it on a different computer and it worked… Weeeeeeird. I think something is messed up with the installation on my shop computer, so I’ll try to reinstall it on my main machine, and if that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll just upload it from the other computer.

     

    #95729

    Ben
    Participant

    Yeah, I went in and deleted everything Arduino related after uninstalling this time and reinstalled everything. Decided to work this time, so I’m thinking there was something left over after I tried reinstalling the first time. Ah well– It works now!

    1 user thanked author for this post.
    #97083

    Timothy
    Participant

    Yeah, I went in and deleted everything Arduino related after uninstalling this time and reinstalled everything. Decided to work this time, so I’m thinking there was something left over after I tried reinstalling the first time. Ah well– It works now!

    THANK YOU! This post saved the day for me. First I found that I was using an older 1.6 build. Than got 1.8 than read on another post to get the beta 1.9….nothing worked. I then uninstalled the older ones, still nothing….so I uninstalled everything. Deleted the libraries folders, relaunched 1.9 since there is no installer, reinstalled u8glib, compiled, success!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.