Cncjs Error

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Melvin 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Dennis
    Participant

Hi please help me!

After 2 days of searching and asking, I managed to install cncjs on the pi. But now I have drawn a square of 1000x1000mm converted to gcode with fusion 360. I can open the file in cncjs I get to see the drawing but when I press play I get an error

Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 0
    Resend: 1

And how can I set my work surface in cncjs?

Thx

Jeffeb3
    Participant

What firmware? Marlin? grbl?

Are there N1 line numbers at the beggining of your gcode? Those need to be exactly sequential which makes editing manually a real pain.

Setting zero depends on firmware version. Marlin support is coming along, but not 100% yet.

Dennis
    Participant

The last time you helped me, you shared this link with me https://github.com/Allted/Marlin/tree/MPCNC_MRambo_T8_16T_LCD

The gcode made whit fusion.

;1001
    ;T1 D=1.587 CR=0 TAPER=90deg – ZMIN=0 – spot drill
    N10 G90
    N15 ;Units in mm
    N20 G92 X0 Y0 Z0

;Trace3
    N25 G1 Z5 F2000 ;T1
    N30 M106
    N35 G1 X140.433 Y622.468 F2000
    N40 G1 Z40 F1000
    N45 G1 Z0 F1000
    N50 G1 X144.157 Y599.859 F2000
    N55 G1 X147.84 Y577.234 F2000
    N60 G1 X151.519 Y554.572 F2000
    N65 G1 X153.368 Y543.222 F2000
    N70 G1 X155.229 Y531.855 F2000…………………………………….etz

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Can you configure the post processor to not put the N10 N15, etc. in there? I don’t use fusion, but I’m sure thats your problem.

Dennis
    Participant

Do you have a suggestion which post processor is the best? That use now comes from the v1 site.

Dennis
    Participant

I just read through it, but that is still a bit too difficult for me. It’s chinese for me then that I understand.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Try Estlcam. It is way simpler. Ryan’s tutorials on it are great.

Dennis
    Participant

Thank you I put the lowrider to work with Estlcam, it is indeed an easier program. But now I have a new challenge. I photograph fabric patterns and I draw them in inkscape and export them as a DXF file. When I turn on the machine, he starts to make the pattern exactly to size, but he always blocks and he does not bite while drawing and he did not do that with fusion .

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Thank you I put the lowrider to work with Estlcam, it is indeed an easier program. But now I have a new challenge. I photograph fabric patterns and I draw them in inkscape and export them as a DXF file. When I turn on the machine, he starts to make the pattern exactly to size, but he always blocks and he does not bite while drawing and he did not do that with fusion .

I’m sorry. I can’t understand what you’re saying. I got that it didn’t have this problem in fusion, but I don’t understand what the problem is.

Dennis
    Participant

He makes short stops during the sign. in the meantime I have tried the gcode with the sd card. with the sd card he makes a smooth movement

Jeffeb3
    Participant

This is a bug in the current CNC.js version (0.9.18 or lower). It has been fixed in 0.9.19. The v1pi image will be updated soon, but I haven’t found the time yet. You should be able to update manually.

Dennis
    Participant

is there a manual somewhere. or is making the update a very difficult job?

Thanks for your help

Jeffeb3
    Participant

If this is a v1pi image, you can stop the service using: sudo service cncjs stop

Then you can upgrade with: sudo npm install -g [email protected] –unsafe-perm

Then reboot, and it should start up. Be patient, it will take a while on a pi.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

I am working on the new image, but some of the infrastructure has changed, so I have to work just to get back to ground zero. I hope to have the images this week though.

Dennis
    Participant

That would be great. where are you going to post it on the forum?

If you have an idea when it will be ready, I will keep it in sight.

Thanks again for your good work.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Jeffeb3
    Participant

v0.16.0 is on github now: https://github.com/jeffeb3/v1pi/releases

I haven’t tested this on the CNC, but it’s working as well as it can on the desk.

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Jeff. Thank you very much I will get to work with it, I will let you know how it goes.
    Is it possible to connect the pi with an ethernet cable? I still have an old desktop on which I put ubunto, but now it is not connecting. the computer is not equipped with WiFi

Dennis
    Participant
    I still have the problem that the lowrider makes small stops with cncjs. And with the SD card he makes a smooth movement

Guffy
    Participant

you may try to use post processor referred  on the Milling Basics page

Melvin
    Participant

I still have the problem that the lowrider makes small stops with cncjs. And with the SD card he makes a smooth movement

Yes, I still have problem with small stops on mine too. Have the latest v1pi from Jeff. CNC.js has the small stops, but same gcode in OctoPrint works very smooth. Have you figured this out yet?… THanks.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Did you try bringing the issue up with CNC.js?

Melvin
    Participant

Did you try bringing the issue up with CNC.js?

No, I have not. I’m going to re-flash with “Allted’s” Marlin 402 and see what happens. I’m very interested in some of the coordinate systems, among other changes. Just been too busy using, love this thing. And I love your v1pi, i can quickly switch to Octoprint if I need a smooth run.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.