CNChristmas!

New Home Forum Things You Have Made CNChristmas!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kyle Wolfe
    Participant

So, as I’ve mentioned a few times around here, I’m moving out to Denver in a couple of weeks, so tight budget! Decided this would be a great year to make interesting gifts for each household that I’ll be visiting this season.
    I’m not sure how I landed on this idea, but I’m calling them “Shadow Totems”. Each one represents something about the household it is being gifted to. I think normal tea lights will look better than these LED color changing candles, but I had these laying around so I’ll include them in the gift bag.

And then, of course, I carved the mountain range for my wife! Yeah, yeah, it’s cute, you’re gonna vomit.

Everything here was cut out of either 1/8″ or 3/8″ birch plywood.
    Rough sand with 80 grit, stained it all with Red Mahogany and sprayed with 5 coats of gloss lacquer- sanding one final time before last coat with 320 grit.

This project was a lot of fun for me- this was also my first time using a carving tool. The final product on the carve was my first and only attempt! Hooray!

Hope you enjoy, thanks for checking it out.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

Nice work!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Love seeing some original gifts!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.