Carnation Lowrider Build

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider Carnation Lowrider Build

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BT 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Adam Parkin
    Participant

one sec its not attaching

Adam Parkin
    Participant

Ryan
    Keymaster

You are cutting MDF at 20mm/s at a depth of 7mm, try 10mm/s and make sure your long axis is not binding. just to be safe slow your xy rapids down a bit, 35 should be fine but lets eliminate the issue before you start creeping things back up. You only seem to have an issue on your long axis so binding very well could be the issue.

Make sure to driver the machine around the entire perimeter first. you can do this but “air cutting” a bounding box as your first cut.

Adam Parkin
    Participant

so i found that my vertical bars are rubbing on the sides of my table. so that means my table is bowed in the middle and not straight. will keep you up to date as i progress. on another note i found this table on etsy and wish i would have gone this route.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/167427829/steel-metal-table-frame-any-size-color?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=steel%20table%20frame&ref=sr_gallery-1-8

Jeffeb3
    Participant

What is your table like? Feel like posting some wide angle shots of it, and some showing what rubbing you’re having?

Adam Parkin
    Participant

i will do that tonight when i get home.

Jason Collins
    Participant

So Ryan, does this mean these actions cannot be performed without the LCD?

I think I understand what you are trying. Lets try it a different way.

• Starting from powered off.
    • Make sure the machine is touching both z hard stops (all the way down), and both Y hard stops (all the way against your belt holders or end of table).
    • Plug it in.
    • Use the LCD to first lift it above your material.
    • Then use the LCD to drive it to above the Y home position.
    • Use the LCD again to drive it to the above X home position.
    • Again use the LCD to drive the Z axis down to the surface of your material (this should be your Z home in CAM/gcode).
    • You gcode should have “G92 X0 Y0 Z0” as your starting block. this resets the axis and bypasses odd manual g92 quirks.
    • Hit play.

What this does is square the machine and keep it under power and locked in square. It is a good idea to have it trace your design perimeters above the material (clearance plane) for the first path to make sure nothing binds. Make sense? Repetier has nothing to do with it if you have an LCD.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

does this mean these actions cannot be performed without the LCD?

You can do all of this with a connected computer.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jason Collins
    Participant

With Repetier?

BT
    Participant

Yes, you can use Repetier with the manual controls.  Some folks also program the G92 X0 Y0 Z0 as one of the configurable buttons so you don’t have to type it everytime you want to “zero” the axes.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.