Cant get gcode to work

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thorsten 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Thorsten
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using Fusion360 for design and ESTLCAM for generating gcode.

i’ve tried the crown testfile, and another file from the forum, they work well but my own files dont work. I’m attaching an file which i tried.

It starts well but then the Z-Axis moves not high enough about the workpiece and mills into it where it just should move.

Maybe someone could check the DXF and the gcode File.Bohrschablone10mm-Raster

Ryan
    Keymaster

Helping with fusion is extremely difficult. estlcam is really the best option to start with.

What post processor are you using?

Aaron
    Participant

Helping with fusion is extremely difficult. estlcam is really the best option to start with.

What post processor are you using?

Sounds like he’s using dxf’s from fusion in  ESTLcam.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I saw Fusion and skipped the rest, you are right.

Problem solved, you missed some steps in the estlcam setup in my instructions. You code does not look like it should.

Thorsten
    Participant

i’m using ESTLCAM 11 which looks quite different than in your guide, do you have a hint what steps i missed?

Barry
    Participant

i’m using ESTLCAM 11 which looks quite different than in your guide, do you have a hint what steps i missed?

The cnc program settings.  Need to check the correct boxes.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Shoot I guess I need to remake that guide. Maybe I will try to host it somewhere others can edit it.

Thorsten
    Participant

Hi,

found it, you were right forgot to activate one setting now it works. Thanks

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.