CAD CAM SOFWARE

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider CAD CAM SOFWARE

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bill 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

Hi people, wanted to know what is the software that you use to in order to create the g code, and if you have work with wood, or MDF before, that you can help me with feed rates, cuz I am pretty new to this, so I am not much of sure how should I do that, also that I do not know where is the post processor of the machine so I can download it

Ryan
    Keymaster

Start here, https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/software/, work through the instructions, after you finish the crown move onto the exact specs laid out right here, https://www.v1engineering.com/milling-basics/

Daniel
    Participant

Thanks you, its awesome all that information, just one more question, once I have got the gcode only thing left will be about to move it to sdcard plug it and run the code, right?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yes. That is on that first link I added.

Daniel
    Participant

Sorry if it takes me longer, its that my main language is not English, and sometimes make me feel like a bit lost

Ryan
    Keymaster

It is no problem at all, I am extremely impressed as I have zero abilities in another language. As you get lost ask questions and I will try to answer clearly.

Daniel
    Participant

Thanks for the help, and thinking of this, is any chance that I can upgrade to a bigger step-motors? like the nema 23

Bill
    Participant

Not really, the NEMA 23 motors use a different form so all parts would have to be redesigned and reprinted, and they also use different drivers, so the electronics would all have to be redone as well. The ones we use are more than adequate for the job.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.