Burly Revisions

This topic contains 126 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 127 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Keymaster

Looks almost the same from this side.

IMG_20181013_151356

6 users thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

renb1
    Just getting ready. Almost there.

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.

Jason Dentler
    Participant

That looks sharp!

Do I need to buy a new t-shirt to match?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I wear my shirts all the time, you can never have too many. 😉

So, I think I have everything ready. I have a typical busy Monday to get through first. I think I will release parts today or tomorrow evening. Poor business choice for me as I am out of stock on Rambo boards again and only have one full set of each new plastic parts on hand but my poor planning shouldn’t effect those of you waiting for some cool stuff to print! I really am waiting to have a bit of a clear spot to answer the inevitable questions surge and try to update all the docs. So release parts, edit docs and take pics while I cut LowRider parts…that will be a super productive day.

Here is a little “vid”, made my computer work all night on it.

3 users thanked author for this post.

JALittle20
    Participant

Can’t wait to get my hands on the files! I just finished my first build but quickly realized I made some mistakes (scaling ABS prints) and needed to reprint the middle assembly.  That’s when I started to see you hinting at a new design…good timing I guess.

I’ll be printing the “Burly” parts as soon as they’re released. The changes look great!

1 user thanked author for this post.

David Walling
    Participant

That’s looking pretty slick.

I guess at some point I’ll have to finally upgrade to the T8…

Ryan
    Keymaster

It really is worth it. I fought it for too long.

Brandon
    Participant

Awesome! I have 4 brand new reels of filament waiting to get my hands on those files.

Are you planning on updating anything else on the Burly or are we good for a while. 🙂

My wife asked me the other day how many of these thing I’m going to have? She says eventually the garage will be so full you can’t walk around…. I don’t see any problems with having a MPCNC, LowRider v2, MP3PD, and my Eustathios Spider V2 3D printer. At least I have my Printrbot at work. 🙂

Geoffrey
    Participant

stlcrack

Attachments:

BillW
    Participant

You can’t do this to me Ryan, I haven’t finished mine yet.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Okay I’ll wait, tell me when you are ready. 😛

Barry
    Participant

Okay I’ll wait, tell me when you are ready. ?

DAMN-IT BILL!!!   😆

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have started. It is taking forever though. Thingiverse is really really slow.

Sorry Bill, gotta let them go, I can’t keep the new toys all to myself any longer.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Updating the thingiverse parts right now.

New, Revised, BURLY, MPCNC Center Parts

4 users thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

Untitled

Wooooo!

Attachments:

Mike Thorn
    Participant

So just the center section is different, correct? I’m gonna start printing soon.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Pretty much, I have a little update break down on the home page.

Barry
    Participant

Forgot 50% with the gyroid infill is a little high.  Resliced with 30% for the other part.20181015_222136

Ryan
    Keymaster

Oh dang.

Adam
    Participant

Hey Ryan the update looks great!  Thanks for all the hard work you do!  Really appreciate all the help you provide all the way through the build and after.

Quick question though.  I have read on here that you recommend printing with a 0.5 mm nozzle.  But I can’t seem to find the thread that has your settings for printing.  Got any recommendations there?  Or is it still the same 55% infill with 3 lines thickness with walls and such?

Brandon
    Participant

How I’m doing?

8EDFD63F-2CB8-4186-B6B9-EE5BA61A8364

I had to oil up the rods on my 3D printer. It might have been past due since I couldn’t hardly move it by hand…

Brandon
    Participant

Hey Ryan the update looks great! Thanks for all the hard work you do! Really appreciate all the help you provide all the way through the build and after.

I second this!! You’re always there to help!! Thank you!!

Barry
    Participant

Woo!20181016_073926

Barry
    Participant

Also, 30%20181016_074240

Barry
    Participant

Hey Ryan the update looks great! Thanks for all the hard work you do! Really appreciate all the help you provide all the way through the build and after.

Quick question though. I have read on here that you recommend printing with a 0.5 mm nozzle. But I can’t seem to find the thread that has your settings for printing. Got any recommendations there? Or is it still the same 55% infill with 3 lines thickness with walls and such?

I use a .4mm nozzle, and it works great.  .3mm layers with 4 perimeters, but I’m printing in pet-g, pla works well with 3 perimeters.  Infill percentage depends on the infill pattern.  When I used cubic, I used 50%, but with the gyroid, I’m still looking for a decent percentage, 50 is waaaay to high.

geodave
    Participant

I printed the previous versions a month ago at 55% gyroid & did not have a problem.  I am using klipper firmware on my printer though.  I was starting to think about printing them at 30% gyroid after your previous comment, but might go at 50%.

geodave
    Participant

I use a .4mm nozzle, and it works great. .3mm layers with 4 perimeters, but I’m printing in pet-g, pla works well with 3 perimeters. Infill percentage depends on the infill pattern. When I used cubic, I used 50%, but with the gyroid, I’m still looking for a decent percentage, 50 is waaaay to high.

Let me know what gyroid % you come up with & perimeters.  I am using the variable level height, using .4mm nozzle & setting .3mm layers for all but where the horizontal holes are.  Those layers I set at .2mm layer height because the tops of those holes look a little knarly at .3mm for me. I am currently thinking of printing the “XYZ_C_Burly.STL” with 4 perimeters at 50% gyroid. I might start printing these today.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Use as high of infill as you are comfortable with for the XYZ part, all the rest not such a big deal, that one…..pack it.

Evan
    Participant

Wooh! I noticed a cracked XYZ piece on my 525 a couple days ago, glad I was too lazy to start reprinting immediately. I’ll start running the burly center section tonight.

Bill
    Participant

I was finally able to get into the garage this week and noticed I’d left it with a cracked 660 mount. Time for a rebuild! I can repurpose my old parts for the MPCNC-Lathe project…

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.