Build in St. Louis

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Melvin 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Aaron Ward
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I am in the midst of a very slow building in the St. Louis area.

I am piecing together an MPCNC currently and will be posting updates in this thread as I progress. I look forward to interacting with you all and also getting this thing up and running!

I don’t have any pictures but will start posting some as I acquire more things.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jason
    Participant

Where at in the st.louis area

Aaron Ward
    Participant

Where at in the st.louis area

I am over in Edwardsville

I am making some progress. It is truly amazing how this is coming together. Everything just works!

Back story: A friend of mine told me about the MPCNC,that he andw going to build one and I decided I’d like to build one as well. He did all the hard work and printed all the parts for me and all I have to do is assemble the machine.

I’ll post more as I make more progress.

This community is amazing and thank you all, esp Ryan, for all the effort put into this!

Jason
    Participant

Sounds good, I’m in the Arnold area just down hwy 55 I’ve finished my first build a few months ago now working on my larger one

2 users thanked author for this post.

Aaron Ward
    Participant

Sweet looking build!

Update: I have the rails set up and am test fitting everything. Due to being not smart, have conduit from both Lowe’s and Home Depot in the build. The Conduit from Lowe’s is very smooth on the OD but seems out of round. The roller bearings torqued snuggly glide across the conduit effortlessly.The conduit from Home Depot was tex  like tiny waves. I could not get the conduit from Home Depot into the assemblies without  loosening the bearings in the assembly. Even then there was a significant inertial force required to get assemblies moving along the conduit. I’ll be heading to Lowe’s to grab another piece of conduit.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Aaron Ward.

Ryan
    Keymaster

For me that discovery was bitter sweet. I have not tested it in a couple years but the smooth stuff at the time was super soft and the bearings quickly wore it out. The texture on the other stuff comes right off with use (zinc) and it works great.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Ryan.

Melvin
    Participant

Hey, I’m close too. Southern Jefferson County. Will be working on a job in Arnold this summer.

Would like to see your build in person Jason. I’m wanting to get the drag chains, but not sure how to mount. Just ordered a 3m section yesterday.

I sanded the conduits fairly extensively before installation. Before, they looked the ones pictured here: conduit

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Melvin.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Melvin.

Aaron Ward
    Participant

Hey, I’m close too. Southern Jefferson County. Will be working on a job in Arnold this summer.

Would like to see your build in person Jason. I’m wanting to get the drag chains, but not sure how to mount. Just ordered a 3m section yesterday.

I sanded the conduits fairly extensively before installation. Before, they looked the ones pictured here:

What grit sand paper did you use?

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

When I get my new machine up you can come take a look at it

Ron Shenk
    Participant

Can you provide a link to the cable chain mounts you are using on the conduit, motor and z axis.  I really like the look.  I am in the middle of a build and am working on cable management.

Melvin
    Participant

What grit sand paper did you use?

Don’t remember, maybe 80 – 120.

When I get my new machine up you can come take a look at it

Cool, thanks. Always good to see how others did things… gets the mind aware of other ways to do it. I’ve been working on some mounts myself.

Can you provide a link to the cable chain mounts you are using on the conduit, motor and z axis. I really like the look. I am in the middle of a build and am working on cable management.

The rest of my cable chains will come in tomorrow. I could post some pics and my stl/F360 files once done. I made some conduit inserts, works really well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.