Build coming along – Utah

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC Build coming along – Utah

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steveb1475 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Steveb1475
    Participant

First off, awesome design, thanks!

I’ve been lurking for a while, my build is coming along. Smaller machine as I’m not even sure where I’m going to fit it – too much junk in the garage. 14″ x 14″ work area – 2′ x 2′. Printed in PLA on my home made Kossel Delta printer. Dual endstops with a MKS gen L controller and onboard RPi to feed gcode. Stainless sanitary 1″ tubing for the frame. Time for wiring.

One question – should the lead screw nut go at the top or bottom of the center assembly? Seems like I’ve seen both ways but the instructions say to only put a couple of screws in it so it seems like it would need to be at the bottom to support the weight.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Steveb1475.

Jamie
    Participant

Im pretty sure nut goes on top of the center assembly. The weight of the tool puts the lead screw under compression and the small screws only prevent the nut from turning, not supporting the weight. On the bottom side the small screws would have to support the weight.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yup top.

I love it homemade everything, you are going to fit in well around here, welcome to the crew!

kd2018
    Participant

Stainless sanitary 1″ tubing for the frame. Time for wiring.

So is there a difference between your sanitary ss tubing and the ss tubing I picked up at the metal supermarket?

From the name I would guess it’s made with higher weld standards for the food and beverage industry?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  kd2018.

Steveb1475
    Participant

I’m not sure, it is .065″ wall thickness. It might just be the surface finish as food and beverage has regulations on that. I work in that industry so it was available and free.

Steveb1475
    Participant

Thanks. It was a brainfart or the beer… I was looking at it like most of the mass would be the other way around but that all sits on the rails. Oh well, took the opportunity to re-print the Z-lower piece while it is apart. My bearing was a loose fit so I added a bit of super glue and got it off center. The coupling was a little strained. Par for the coarse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.