Broke a piece of my screen board

New Home Forum LowRider Troubleshooting – LowRider Broke a piece of my screen board

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  matt thomas 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

matt thomas
    Participant

I’m just putting my LR2 together. I just got it moving for the first time which was exciting 🙂

When I powered it up for the first time, the screen didn’t show anything.I figured out what the issue was. The cables, or plugs, are wired back to front. Once I figured that out it worked.

However, whilst it was not working, I though perhaps it was just a screen brightness issue, and I thought perhaps that cross thing under the left of the screen was a brightness control, so I stuff a screw driver in the cross, gave it the lightest of twists, and the top of it broke off! Doh!

Now, I’ve done a bit of a google, and I can’t find what it actually is that I’ve broken off? Just the end cap with the plus shape on it has come off.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Ryan
    Keymaster

That is a potentiometer. If the other pieces are sill inside it should work fine.

matt thomas
    Participant

So it is actually a potentiometer? What is it for? (I haven’t done anything besides getting a bit of movement so far)

I’m surprised it broke so easily. The part that broke off does have some metal inside it, so I’m thinking it might have damaged it.

Greg
    Participant

I believe it’s for screen contrast but has no effect on some boards. As long as your display is readable I’d leave well enough alone.  There is some discussion about it here:

https://reprap.org/forum/read.php?13,448609,page=1

Depending on your build of marlin there can also be a contrast setting in your on screen firmware settings (Control->LCD Contrast)

matt thomas
    Participant

Well at least i don’t feel so stupid trying to turn it to fix my screen 🙂

Since the screen is working fine, so I’ll just leave it alone

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.