Blown Rambo Board?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Andrew Siemer
    Participant

I am having an issue with a new Rambo board I bought from the V1 shop. Among plugging it in I realized that everything was working but I could not control the motors. After successfully reflashing firmware I tried again, no luck. I already have a Rambo that I use with my 3D printer and I thought I would try it, so I flashed the firmware to it and bang everything worked and I successfully drew the infamous “crown”. This morning when I thought I’d give the new board another shot, I realized it would not power up. I feel like it cannot be defective since Ryan tests everything first, did I somehow short the board? I’ve barely touched it, especially when it’s been plugged into power. Attached is a video of me powering the old Rambo and then moving it to the new one (no power LED) and a close-up picture of the board to show no disturbed components. Hopefully, I didn’t waste $150. Thanks for your help and time!

Link to video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp8xh2nkkia0eae/IMG_1251.mov?dl=0

Attachments:

Ryan
    Keymaster

First step I would check all three fuses.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Andrew Siemer
    Participant

I will switch the 5A fuses on the two boards and try again! Sadly I left for school so I will need a day or two to relay this back home.

John Grove
    Participant

My board no longer works but it’s because I made a very stupid mistake and hooked up the 12v power backwards. Now when I plug the USB into the computer, the computer reboots.

Is there any chance that there’s a simple component replacement? I checked the fuses and they’re good.

I’m currently using an Arduino Mega and RAMPS combo. Is the RAMBO preferred?

Ryan
    Keymaster

John the ramps does not have reverse current protection, your board is dead.

Ryan
    Keymaster

I will switch the 5A

Andrew there are three fuses in each board, the 15A is not the one to worry about. Sounds like you might have reverse polarity issue that popped one  as well and popped the little fuse. Use your meter and take them out and verify continuity.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.