Belgian Build

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bart van laer 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I red a lot of posts on the forum and really love the design of the MPCNC.

I have no technical bakground, but I like to play around with stuff like this.

I just started printing yesterday. It will be a very slow build, but I will update this post once in a while.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Robin Morgan
    Participant

Welcome,

Not started long myself

Turbinbjorn
    Participant

Thumbs up! Newcomer myself, chiming in. Unfortunately away on vacation, and all I can think of is coming home and resuming the printing and picking up parts.

I don’t have a technical background at all, my studies since high school have been in the humanities, and I’m working with counseling. But – in my youth I dreamed of electronics and engineering, so the MPCNC is an old dream coming true!

Stephan
    Participant

Why do you print part by part?

For me it was much easier to print as much as i get on the bed of my anycubic at once.

DSC_0575

Regards Stephan

Attachments:

Barry
    Participant

Why do you print part by part?

For me it was much easier to print as much as i get on the bed of my anycubic at once.

DSC_0575

Regards Stephan

Sucks when you get a missed step 90% into a print doing that, or one of the tall parts pops loose.  Shit happens for any printer.  I did the same though, only printed the XY parts by themselves, after losing both to a layer shift 80% into a print.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Steven
    Participant

Just like barry says.

Also I only print them in the evening/night. If I printed mutiple ones at once, it would be to long of a print.

The smaller ones I will probably print together.

And I’m really not in a hurry.

Joy
    Participant

Aha, another Belgian fellow! I’m starting to build one too! Have fun!

Peter Arien
    Participant

I just built one in Louvain, Belgium.

Very slowly learning how to use it.

IMG_20190709_215427

Turbinbjorn
    Participant

Looks good! Can you help me a little and explain the advantages of having short legs but a sunken table?

Stephan
    Participant

Dear Barry,

Sucks when you get a missed step 90% into a print doing that, or one of the tall parts pops loose. Shit happens for any printer. I did the same though, only printed the XY parts by themselves, after losing both to a layer shift 80% into a print.

well, i know. I had maounted a “Fire-detector” above the printer with the 3M double Sided Tape which was iclouded with the Fire-dedector.

It dropped down to the bed, blocked the table/hotend, so i messed up a >20h Print.

Messed-up_1

Messed-up_2

Some of the worse parts. The anycubic dont stop to print, i think he kicked the fire-detector off the bed and continued the print.

Regards Stephan

Barry
    Participant

Looks good! Can you help me a little and explain the advantages of having short legs but a sunken table?

Replaceable spoil board slot.

Bart van laer
    Participant

Hello I am just building one in Kessel-Lo. Learning a lot also😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.