Beginner – MPCNC (with rail support) vs Lowrider

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic Beginner – MPCNC (with rail support) vs Lowrider

8'x4' MPCNC (modified with rail supports) vs Lowrider?

I need advice as new to DIY CNC world

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1 - MPCNC (modified) with rail supports
  • #2 - Lowrider

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bill 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark
    Participant

Hi All,

It’s great to see such a thriving community of DIY CNC on this forum. I’m in no way new to CNC as I did an toolmaking apprenticeship 20years ago although I’ve been working in construction for the last 12 years. I am new to the DIY CNC world and I’ve got space in the garage so looks like I’m going to be hooked.

End game is as the images…

So ideally, fast feed speeds,  rigid and full sheet. I also want to have a go at 3d printing replacement parts etc.

I need advice…MPCNC (modified) with rail supports vs Lowrider 2?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Hell yes. Those are some cool projects.

No question, the low rider is needed for full sheets.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

So ideally, fast feed speeds

Speed, less emphasis on this one. A full sheet router and a 3D printer are not really very compatible. Much much better off having one of each in this case.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

Thanks, so if I started out with the mpcnc withe router and printer I could reuse and pprint my own for the lowrider is assume.

BTW thanks Ryan, you are an inspiration and a scholar for all of the fine work you have done. It blows my mind…

Mark
    Participant

I really need to reread my posts before I submit. Too many errors for my liking🙄 Also, if anyone out there reading is near Oxford, UK and fancies a meet to to discuss DIY CNC let me know.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Thanks, so if I started out with the mpcnc withe router and printer I could reuse and pprint my own for the lowrider is assume.

Yup pretty much…That is how the LR2 came about. Make a CNC, use it to make a giant one if you really need it.

BTW thanks Ryan, you are an inspiration and a scholar for all of the fine work you have done. It blows my mind…

High five buddy!

Bill
    Participant

I’m with everybody else, no competition, the Low Rider is by far the best choice if you’re going to work on projects that size.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.