Azteeg x3 Pro wiring

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Teut 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Teut
    Participant

The azteeg x3 documents are a bit scarce and the wiring doc they provide doesn’t answer all you need to know or warn you about potential issues.   Here’s my version, minus the stepper motor wiring as I’m wiring each motor individually and I’d like all the wiring harnesses to be the same.   Disclaimer here… Never done this before azteeg_x3_pro

so don’t blame me if I blow up your board.

Attachments:
    1. azteeg_x3_pro.pdf

Teut
    Participant

Ran across an issue with one of the steeper drivers that took me an hour to diagnose…  If you look closely at the second pin from the bottom right… It wasn’t soldered.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Oh that is a bummer. Some of the old ramps boards had that problem but it was always on the LCD strip, under the header! Once I figured out the problem I could force more solder in but the via’s didn’t go through so it would look good on one side but not be connected on the other side under the black strip….I wasted a lot of time and money of ramps until I figured that out.

Teut
    Participant

Questions on dual endstops….   I have 6 endstops on this board.  X,YY, min & max . Do I want to repurpose the X and Y max to be x2 and y2?   Or attempt to find other unused pins… (Difficult with the lack of docs available).

Ryan
    Keymaster

I don’t think you will find any docs online, we just made the edits, and as far as I know we have only ever used in on the ramp’s, rambo’s, archim’s.

I honestly don’t know how to help you other than to say check the pinout in the firmware.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Teut
    Participant

Trial n Error are going to be my friend on this project.  Revised/updated wiring diagram…  update includes stepper motor wiring , repetier firmware updates for dual x/y working as well with X2 running off of extruder 0.  I know marlin seems to be the preference here but it’ll be easier for me to figure out on repetier and port it over.   I’ll post the firmware after I get all the other fun stuff figured out .

Teut
    Participant

Basic repetier config attached:

Independent X/Y stepper control

X2 –> E0.    Y2–> E1

Dual X/Y Endstops with bounce (5mm) in normally open config. (Normally closed wiring tbd)

Everything else from my understanding needs to be customized per machine.

Attachments:
    1. Configuration-1.h
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest