automated tool change system?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Hardware Development – MPCNC automated tool change system?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Guffy 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dane
    Participant

is there any hope in the future for there being an automated tool change system, some old guy coding mentioned one in one of his youtube videos, but is that just a pipedream, or could something like that actually happen. i know ryan is the creator of the mpcnc maybe he could comment on this

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Manual tool change isn’t that hard, and not required on every job. Automated tool change generally needs a different encoder, one you can set to a specific position, to turn the spindle 720 degrees to tighten it down, or whatever.

It’s a tough challenge, for sure.

Ryan
    Keymaster

It does sound like a wonderful thing but without a different collet system I don’t see this happening anytime in the near future. There are a few version out there on custom machines but there are other things I would rather focus on. I rarely do a tool change and when I do it is only one.

Guffy
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.