Attaching Filament Spool to MP3DP…

New Home Forum Milled Printed 3D Printer -MP3DP Advice – MP3DP Attaching Filament Spool to MP3DP…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jeff
    Participant

Has anyone ever done this?  I was thinking of making a bracket for a spool of filament and attaching the bracket to the XZ_Frame but was wondering if this would be too much weight/stress for the 1/2″ MDF?  It would be nice to have the MP3DP all in a nice package with the MiniRambo, Power Supply, LCD and Filament all attached to it.  So far I have the miniRambo and the Power Supply attached and am printing out a case for the on/off switch I bought to attach that as well.  I will also be printing out a miniRambo case (modified, I’ll put up the STL files when I finish the design and know it works).  I also have to print out the LCD case and figure out where I want to attach that as well.

Anyway, thoughts on attaching a bracket for the filament?

BT
    Participant

I found one on thingiverse that mounted to the top of the frame.  I used some M8 bolts to set the spacing, some 3D printed covers for 608 bearings (to provide a concave surface for the spool to ride in).  Something like https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2362427

Jeff
    Participant

Thanks BT!  How has it been working?  I’m mostly concerned with the weight and the structural rigidity of the 1/2″ MDF.

BT
    Participant

No problems for me. I only mount 1 roll at a time and it works great!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeff
    Participant

Awesome!  Thanks for the feedback BT.  I was only planning to mount 1 roll at a time anyway since I only have a single extruder.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.