Any UK MPCNC owners?

This topic contains 221 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  S Sauntson 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 211 through 222 (of 222 total)
  • Author

DaveW
    Participant

Yes certainly quite a few different things to learn than 3d printing,

I found I needed extra speed for my old possibly blunt 6.3 and 12.7mm buts to cut Douglas Fir and also I needed to keep the depth to 0.5mm.

My newer bits are smaller 3mm so will try slowing down again as you suggest to see if the increased sharpness or smaller size allows them to work ok at my slowest speed 9000 rpm.

Mitch
    Participant

Hi James

Thank you for the kind words.

My dust shoes is very effective

I hope it is self explanatory, The main vacuum hose connects to a dyson. the air from the Makita Clone is not diverted. The 45mm hole below the spindle is that size to produce a venturi effect and also to reduce the amount of suction between the shoe and work material. The spring as very light tension and just holds the shoe base down with minimum force.

With the dyson running there is zero dust and debris escape. It moves around very nicely and stays perefctly attached to the work material…..

Having just finished the vacuum shoe, im thinking of designing something similar for my forth coming laser module, but think it will be drawn through an activated charcoal filter.

regards

I have to ask. Are the STL or step files available for this attachment? I would like to take a look at these and possible make them work for a Dewalt or possibly a 4000 Dremel depending on how Christmas treats me.

S Sauntson
    Participant

I have to ask. Are the STL or step files available for this attachment? I would like to take a look at these and possible make them work for a Dewalt or possibly a 4000 Dremel depending on how Christmas treats me.

Hi Jame,

I have never thought about the .stl files as they were drawn and made for my specific project. the shoe was started as a mish mash from here

No arm in asking I guess

2 users thanked author for this post.

Mitch
    Participant

I like the theory and it being spring loaded. Its a proven design so adopting it to a different tool setup seems like it would be worth doing. Thank you very much.

James Donnelly
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

I think you got me mixed up with Mitch 🙂

I do love your dust shoe though.  Like all your stuff, the print quality looks top notch too, so nice work there too!

Lénaïc
    Participant

The spring as very light tension and just holds the shoe base down with minimum force.

Are the springs useful ?
    You use bearings along the rods so the gravity should push it down, and when the Dyson runs, it should press it against the material, right ?

S Sauntson
    Participant

The spring as very light tension and just holds the shoe base down with minimum force.

Are the springs useful ?

You use bearings along the rods so the gravity should push it down, and when the Dyson runs, it should press it against the material, right ?

Hi

No it is designed to produce the minimal downforce due to suction.

regards

S Sauntson
    Participant

Evening Gents

its been alittle quiet in here recently. I have an apology too make. The .stl file I posted for my Makita Clone mount you will notice was removed. Reason being after I ran it through a 3d program it was not my miss mashed one, it was the original with the MPCNC Version 1 Mount. I didn’t get round to posting as the boiler failed in the house along with the Emerson heater thermostat going AWOL, as these things happen when the weather cools. It was hotter outside the house than in…. So we closed all doors and I didn’t venture into the office in the 3rd floor, APOLOGIES.

I will find the correct file and post it soon….

Following the new boiler install yesterday, I have today sat at the computer and adjusted Ryans Ramps 1.4 firmware to run the TTL 5v+ from pin 44 with GND. After reflashing and testing I can confirm the voltage is fully variable using the M106 S255 & M107 S0, giving full power and power off. I then tested using S127 (50%) S68 (25%) S34 (12.5%) etc etc etc.

Just waiting now for Royal Mail to deliver my laser. Everything else is ready. Track17 shows the laser has made it through customs and as been released to RM, hopefully arrive this coming week.

regards

DaveW
    Participant

Inspired by Stuart’s dust collector made my own modified version attached to the center brackets.

Works well in initial tests – absolutely no dust left behind from thin ply. The only problem is that the vacuum cleaner is even more noisy than the router!

8218B294-212F-428B-89D4-527A93308D03
    920728DD-8CD6-42D0-8331-284F65CAC0A3

1 user thanked author for this post.

S Sauntson
    Participant

DaveW Sir

I like that very much and your tubes look awesome.

I can’t find the one I made and I have no reason for it. I alway, or usually put my designs into one folder. Unless it as been put into another folder by mistake. Hopefully it will come to light soon.

News from east anglia, the Laser arrived yesterday and has been attached. Alittle more wiring to do tomorrow if the connectors arrive. Did a two second test today and made some smoke…… And the right kind lol

Pictures too follow…….

regards

PaulC
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Finally got things printed “random colours” I know! wired, downloaded Estlcam and plotted the crown, looks good so far.

Guess I better build a table and screw things down, tidy up the wiring and try some trickier stuff.

Cheers

Paul

2 users thanked author for this post.

S Sauntson
    Participant

Nice one

Viewing 12 posts - 211 through 222 (of 222 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.