Any functioning MPCNC Machines in the Midwest ?

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC Any functioning MPCNC Machines in the Midwest ?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  BT 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

joe
    Participant

Wondering if there are any MPCNC machines in Mi., Oh, or Ind. –  would like to get some advice from someone nearby . T hanks  ,  Joe

Mike M.
    Participant

I have one here in Indiana, what is it you need?

joe
    Participant

I live near near Lansing ,Mi – I am wondering if it would be possible for me to take a little trip and actually see your set up . I am really new at this . I have the mpcnc built & am wondering abt control systems etc. I would give you my e-mail address to make some arrangements if possible . I am a 79 yr old retiree trying to shorten my learning curve !  Thanks , Joe

Ryan
    Keymaster

Joe….This weekend you can come see my build! I will be in Goshen Indiana at the Midwest RepRap festival. Mrrf. Pretty close to you (a few hours drive?)

It is free to attend and you will have your mind blown at all the crazy things people come up with. This is by far the most bleeding edge of consumer 3D printing I have ever seen. Well worth the trip.

Yeah, maybe?!

joe
    Participant

Hi Ryan , will you be there fri or sat — if so, how do I find you ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

There will probably only be a couple mpcnc’s there.  I’ll be there too, wearing my V1 Engineering t-shirt.

joe
    Participant

Will you be there on Fri or Sat. –  I’d like to make sure that someone is there to answer my questions. I am abt 3 hrs away , so I’m not I can  make it both days  . – Thanks . Joe

Barry
    Participant

I’ll be there Saturday, not sure about Ryan.

joe
    Participant

Sorry ,but I can’t find SAT hours listed anywhere — can you help me out ?

Ryan
    Keymaster

Barry your bringing a toy?!! awesome.

Joe I don’t think Friday is a “public” day, could be wrong either way I won’t be there until Friday afternoon weather permitting (driving from Chicago). Saturday is 9am to midnight. I will be around all day Sat and some of Sunday. Minus some food breaks and drooling on others machines. Last year there were actually two buildings and not clearly marked so we might be in a different building. It should not be to hard to find us though. You can always ask around there are some very friendly people there.

joe

Barry
    Participant

Barry your bringing a toy?!! awesome.

Naa, just parts.  I figured Ron was going to be there again.  Could be wrong though.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sweet! You read my mind I thought he said he was coming but I looked through the thread and he didn’t say. I just asked.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Joe I will be wearing a V1 shirt as well but it will be buried under a few jackets a beaning and some thermals…Me and snow don’t get along.

joe

Barry
    Participant

If you can’t find us, the front desk people can page either of us.

joe

Mike M.
    Participant

Joe, I am also planning to attend mrrf and maybe I will see you there.  Goshen would be a lot closer drive than my place 😃.

joe

Ronald Hulst
    Participant

was not planning on lugging my mpcnc this year since you are bringing your show model.  🙂

I am bringing my kossel mini just to have it there to play with.

Do you need me to bring anything?

Ronald Hulst
    Participant

i think anyone can come on Friday.  I thought it was only open from 3-5 to set up but the e-mail they sent indicated noon to 10, a full day of it.

I am going to be soooo tired.

Ronald Hulst
    Participant

I am in west michigan.  not sure i have the experience to help but would be willing to try.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yup the time thing messed me up as well. I land at noon Chicago time, so grab a bag and a car then drive out. So I will be there at 3, the very earliest more like 4-5. Kinda feel like I should get my room key first as well.

Barry
    Participant

Yup the time thing messed me up as well. I land at noon Chicago time, so grab a bag and a car then drive out. So I will be there at 3, the very earliest more like 4-5. Kinda feel like I should get my room key first as well.

I’ll be on a roof stringing a phone line between buildings around noon Friday…  Unless it’s snowing, screw that crap if it’s snowing.  I’m a computer nerd, not a telco dude.  😆

Ryan
    Keymaster

Well, I am not going to whine about missing a few hours of the show anymore. Fingers crossed I just don’t spend any time in the snow on Friday…for you to Barry.

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

Any chance someone can pick me up on his way?

I’ll bring pickles.

Ryan
    Keymaster

No problem, 24 hr detour…basically on the way. Dui you would love it and fit right in…maybe next year?

Barry
    Participant

Looks like 40’s Saturday in Elkhart!  Wooo!  Heat wave! 😎   Also no snow today, so that will make wire stringing faster.  Stringing 1/8th inch cable with gloves on it nearly impossible, so I’d have to take warm up breaks.  I’ve already frozen my hands once, that was enough.  Couldn’t feel anything for a couple months.  Stupid frost bite…

Barry
    Participant

This is the hanger wire.  The phone cable is up now as well, but haven’t taken a picture yet.

Kevin Lopez
    Participant

Aaah I would totally love to go there and hang out with you guys. Maybe some year 🙁

Ryan
    Keymaster

Shoot, Joe did I meet you yesterday?! Did I totally space on who you were? Sorry if it was you yesterday was a long day.

David Doyle
    Participant

I’ll be there today – complete with a part I’d like a comment on 😀

Barry
    Participant

Met with Joe and David, both really cool dudes.

We think David’s issue is a printer calibration issue.  Was weird, the bearings were tight on one end of the carriage, and really loose on the other.

Joe has his cnc drawing, so it’s moving correctly.  His issue is a process issue.  He wants to make signs, showed me an example, simple stock vectors on the ends, with some text in the middle.  We told him Estlcam should be able to do that no problem.  The one thing I’m a little worried about is you need a starting bounding box for estlcam.  Something that defines the boundaries of the sign, after than it’s just import vector, and add your text.  Does anybody know of a simpler program than inkscape that can draw a measured rectangle and export to dxf?

BT
    Participant

Openscad is an option for those who like to do drawings like they do software.  It can export a DXF, though it is not nearly as straightforward as Inkscape.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.