Aluminum Plates for sale

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Farmer 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Abel Ambar
    Participant

2 sets of 1/4” 6061 aluminum plate cut outs

Ryan
    Keymaster

Price?

Abel Ambar
    Participant

The Aluminum I got out of a 5’x10’ sheet of amazing 6061 and it was around $120. I got the parts laser cut and filed them out as well. So I can do a set of:

1. Dewalt 611 plate @ 1/4”                    Qty. 1

2. Y plate @ 1/4”                                     Qty. 2

Total: $170

Compatible for 25.4

I am located in Los Angeles, Ca. So shipping I’ll ship in state free of charge. Out state let me know where so I may get it see how I can help

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Abel Ambar.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    TJ

Austin Mauch
    Participant

I live in Hawaii and the high humidity has caused the mdf to swell and distort before I got a chance to use my low rider so I’d like to go to aluminum.

The picture appears to show two 1/4 pieces sandwiched together for a 1/2” side piece. Is that what your doing? Does that mean your including four 1/4” side pieces.

Thanks,

Austin

Abel Ambar
    Participant

Since I got the parts cut from a high grade aluminum, 1/4″ is strong enough. To do wood and foam, but if you want to get better results with cutting and milling metal and reducing vibrations then get 2 sets and combine them.

Farmer
    Participant

I’m interested in a set or two please. I’m in Massachusetts. How would 2 sets change the build though, if at all? Does it change any other dimensions when building?

Aaron
    Participant

I live in Hawaii and the high humidity has caused the mdf to swell and distort before I got a chance to use my low rider so I’d like to go to aluminum.

The picture appears to show two 1/4 pieces sandwiched together for a 1/2” side piece. Is that what your doing? Does that mean your including four 1/4” side pieces.

Thanks,

Austin

I live in Guam, I know the feeling!

bozpet
    Participant

I never understand this… i made the same advertise… mine was 50$ +- the set for europe, and my advertise was blocked…

And i just wanted to help everyone source a cheap set of pieces in europe.

Abel Ambar
    Participant

The 2 sets i had made have been sold already. Best way to get it near you would be to contact a local laser cutter and give them dxf files of the plates. I’ll have a few batch’s made by next month to post.

To answer your question about strength and compatibility :

Option 1.  I would recommend placing 1 layer 1/4″ mdf and 1 layer 1/4″ Aluminum to keep original sizing.

Option 2. Use only 1 set of 1/4″ aluminum plates with shorter machine screws.

Option 3. Get 2 Sets and combine them and not worry about any changes.

Hope This Helped Out!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Farmer
    Participant

Thank you. I’ll definitely take some when you have them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.