All Steel Frame – Mega Heavy Duty

New Home Forum LowRider Your Builds – LowRider All Steel Frame – Mega Heavy Duty

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Wayne A Hogue 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Chris Seifert
    Participant

Finally almost done with my Low Rider frame. This dude is stupid heavy and doesn’t give an inch! All welded steel frame with a 14 guage 3″ box tube frame sittin pretty at 5′ x 10′. Cant wait to start getting everything assembled. Updates to come.

–cseifert151

richard
    Participant

hello,

great and nice work,

im not sure but when i see your investissment and your workshop in this project

may be i would go in a mechmate cnc.

i don t know your need but i wouldlove to have your skills.

Dui, ni shuo de dui
    Participant

Wow, that looks really great!

Can’t wait to see it finished!

David Walling
    Participant

And I thought my designs are always overkill 🙂

Looks great, though. Have fun with the rest of the build-out.

David Rabbit
    Participant

Why is the floor elevated like that?

Barry
    Participant

Why is the floor elevated like that?

Welding while bent over all day sucks.

Chris Seifert
    Participant

Exactly! It is still low so i end up on hands and knees, but below is scrap steel storage and the wood floor allows for jig blocks being screwed or stapled in.

David Rabbit
    Participant

Impressive!

Bryan
    Participant

Coincidentally, I have been working on my own steel table for my Lowrider. Do you think the 14 GA steel is sufficient? Or is 11ga worth the extra $$?

Chris Seifert
    Participant

The 14 guage 3” box tube is killer strong. Almost no flex and everything else is 16 guage, save for the angle iron (1/4” thick) i used on the inside to prevent bowing long term. This this is mad strong. 11 guage would be cool, but definitely overkill.

Bill
    Participant

Now you just need to be milling something heavy, like lead or gold… Hmmm, I wonder how much a 4x8x1″ sheet of gold weighs?

Jeffeb3
    Participant

3216 lb.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Barry
    Participant

I’ve held a real brick of gold.  They’re way heavier than people think.  They almost never get it right in the movies, where the skinny damsel is waving a gold brick over her head.  She’d have a really hard time lifting the thing.

Wayne A Hogue
    Participant

That’s what she said!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.