Advise on pulleys for my motor

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Advice – MPCNC Advise on pulleys for my motor

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jamie 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dotty Dot
    Participant

Hi.

Im making the BraunsCNC modified MPCNC that calls for a double belt (15mm width).

I bought this 15mm width belt with pulleys:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017TQOJA4/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

, but I just realized the pulleys are 6.35mm bore and my motor shaft are 5mm.

Im using these motors:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PNEQKC0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im assuming is not good idea to use those pulleys, because of the wobbling.

These 15mm width pulleys are hard to find (at least in the US), the kit I bought is 24 teeth, thats what was available and I didnt know the number of teeth could affect the machine.

The questions:

1- No good idea to install these 6.35mm bore pulleys on the 5mm shaft, right?
    2- What are my options regarding pulleys? can I get them with less/more teeth? what should I consider? less is better or more is better?
    3- Can I put a 15mm belt on a 17mm pulley if I find them on that width? (I dont know is the extra width on the pulley will affect the operation)

Thanks a lot.

Jamie
    Participant

I cant think of a good way to use those pulleys on those motors.  I dont think a printed adapter would work very well.

More teeth means more speed but proportionally less maximum load before you start to get missed steps. If you are going for a stiffer overall system,  more teeth will work against you, but a small increase, say 16 to 20 would probably not make a difference. Just dont go crazy.

I can’t see why a narrower belt on a slightly wider pulley would be a problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.