A Texas rebuild…

This topic contains 33 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jeffeb3 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Seems easy to me! We aren’t evenr doing the stairs and we wouldn’t have any transitions. So I just have to work around walls and cabinets. I also figure I could remove the ceiling popcorn and paint with wild abandon after we clean out the rooms and remove the floors. With that much going on, it seems better to tackle it a room at a time instead of trying to get my entire first floor clear for the guys on a single tuesday.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

The thing that will take a while is creating a secret message underneath the floor boards with the low rider.

Mike
    Participant

I also figure I could remove the ceiling popcorn and paint with wild abandon after we clean out the rooms and remove the floors.

Ceiling popcorn, oye! I did that one once. Use a pump up bug sprayer with water to wet it down, let soak for  a few minutes and then scrape off with a very wide tape knife so you don’t gouge the underlying  seams or sheetrock. If you have carpet and are going to remove it, leave it in place while you do the ceiling and then roll it up afterward with the mess inside.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jeffeb3
    Participant

Ceiling popcorn, oye! I did that one once. Use a pump up bug sprayer with water to wet it down, let soak for a few minutes and then scrape off with a very wide tape knife so you don’t gouge the underlying seams or sheetrock. If you have carpet and are going to remove it, leave it in place while you do the ceiling and then roll it up afterward with the mess inside.

I didn’t think to leave the carpet. That’s a good idea. I was thinking I would just shovel the subfloor or something.

I did a bedroom upstairs once and I did the same with a scraper and the sprayer. I think I was actually getting pretty good at it. Makes my arms tired thinking about it again though. The result isn’t perfect, but I think even a few dings is better than the popcorn.

Maybe I should just move the furniture, and remove the popcorn right now, then I would have a good excuse to get started. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.