5 axis 3d printer!

New Home Forum Random or Off Topic 5 axis 3d printer!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Guffy 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Aaron
    Participant

Jeffeb3
    Participant

What are they printing on? What is a real scenario for this? Ryan, where’s the v1 version?

Aaron
    Participant

From the thread, I think they’re printing on a 3d scan of something else. Source and the slicer will be available by the end of the year.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

WHAT! That is a huge advance. Whatever slicer they have developed is gotta be nuts. There is now way a few of the big boys are not calling them up right now making offers. That is blowing my mind. I really can;t wait to see where this ends up.

Designing parts for it is either going to be super nasty, or perhaps even easier….Shoot I am not sure. Pretty easy to add an axis on the Mpcnc just to test it out when that slicer gets released.

Ryan
    Keymaster

That printer that has the kevlar or CF strand embeded…..this makes that thing crazy powerful.

Jamie
    Participant

Now print a Mobius strip in vase mode.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

HAHAHA…careful you almost broke my brain.

Guffy
    Participant

that idea already implemented as changeable head in the 5axismaker
    http://www.5axismaker.com/5axis/

Aaron
    Participant

that idea already implemented as changeable head in the 5axismaker

http://www.5axismaker.com/5axis/

Their offering starts at $6300 USD, and require Rhino ($995 USD) for the 3d print slicer.

I am familiar with 5axismaker, their offering is more than 2 years old, but have never seen the source or plans available. If this project is released as a real free opensource project, the slicer alone is a big deal

Guffy
    Participant

I didn’t dig into details of your link. So i don’t know is it open source or not (both software and the machine). Also i didn’t talked about price.

I just said that the idea already implemented

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.