29×29" stainless rebuild, air blast, superpid, and dual endstops

New Home Forum Mostly Printed CNC – MPCNC Your Builds – MPCNC 29×29" stainless rebuild, air blast, superpid, and dual endstops

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bruh
    Participant

Work in progress 🙂

I’m rebuilding my original 29×29″ build found here: https://www.v1engineering.com/forum/topic/29×29-burly-bruh-from-nc/. The rails are the same 0.065″ wall stainless tube.

I’ll be doing a couple of things differently this time around:

The SuperPID is still on the way. These things take forever to ship if you buy them direct (over 3 weeks and still waiting)!

In an attempt to eek ever so slightly more rigidity out of the machine the parts were re-printed using Ziro chopped carbon PLA. The carbon PLA requires a slightly bigger nozzle. I used a 0.6mm nozzle and with layer heights varying from 0.3mm to 0.4mm (so much quicker than smaller nozzles!). A few of the parts with very thin walls (e.g. the ziptipe mounts) had to be modified to accept the larger nozzle.

I really wish I’d built and wired my original machine for dual endstops. I was too lazy to rewire the machine and never got around to it.

IMG_20190601_202625
    IMG_20190601_202657

1 user thanked author for this post.

Brian
    Participant

Looks good.  I’d really like to know how that SuperPID speed control works out.  Thanks for sharing, I’ve never heard about it before.

kd2018
    Participant

I really wish I’d built and wired my original machine for dual endstops. I was too lazy to rewire the machine and never got around to it.

I did from the get go, but I’ve been contemplating lately how I’d like to trade them for hard limits instead. Thinking about cutting some clamps for the rails with a set screw for fine adjustment… But I’m feeling to lazy to rewire for series or jack with the firmware , lol

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  kd2018.

Bruh
    Participant

I did from the get go, but I’ve been contemplating lately how I’d like to trade them for hard limits instead. Thinking about cutting some clamps for the rails with a set screw for fine adjustment… But I’m feeling to lazy to rewire for series or jack with the firmware , lol

Using the dual endstops doesn’t preclude you from adding clamps to the bars, does it? I’d thought (potentially incorrectly) that you could still add clamps and initialize the machine against them. I’d gotten so far as to use G38.x codes for auto corner finding during my turners cube project. Sucked to still have to pull the machine square on every cut.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Bruh.

kd2018
    Participant

I suppose not. But why use both?

Tom
    Participant

I’ve seen others listed somewhere.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.