25 mm parts availability?

New Home Forum LowRider Advice – LowRider 25 mm parts availability?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  matt thomas 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

matt thomas
    Participant

Hi

Are 25 mm parts every available on the site here?

Thanks

Matt

Ryan
    Keymaster

I don’t have any of the flat or printed right now. I am desperately waiting on the new heated beds to get here so I can expand the print farm….I might have been a little too rude to a import person on the phone, my shipment has stalled since our chat.

matt thomas
    Participant

Ha

I’m happy to wait, I just wanted to check that you actually offered the metric version, and not just the 25.4

cheers

matt thomas
    Participant

I see the 1 inch printed parts are available again. Are their any 25 mm printed parts on the horizon?

Thanks

Ryan
    Keymaster

I have them on the list. Get this move under my belt and get that up in the shop.

matt thomas
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Without being to rude, do you have any idea when that might be?

Although, to be honest, I’m not that against getting the 25.4mm, since I can source 1 inch tube here, but if metric is available, it feels like the right thing to do 🙂

thanks 🙂

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sorry, I can not give a date. I have hit a major snag in the move.

If you can get 25.4mm, it is technically more rigid.

matt thomas
    Participant

Aha! Good point. Whilst an extra .4 of a mm probably isn’t going to make a huge difference, I think you’ve pushed me over the edge!

🙂

matt thomas
    Participant

Aargh too slow, sold out!

Ryan
    Keymaster

I am still printing, they will pop up.

matt thomas
    Participant

Actually, it’s the main bundle that’s sold out now. I”m overseas, so was hoping to order it all together.

Stephen
    Participant

Hi,

I just want to make sure I get the right size parts.

If I build the Lowrider 2 isn’t my only option the 25.4mm printed parts and also 25.4mm flat parts. From what I understand the LR2 must use the SS 1″ OD Round Tube. Or are there other options for rails for the LR2? Why would the 25mm even be offered for LR2?

Also, what type 1.0 inch OD SS Round Tube will work? ERW (welded), DOM and Seamless Tube seems to be the options…I think welded is lower priced.

New to this, so some questions may be novice to others, but I want to make sure.

Thanks,

Steve

Aaron
    Participant

Hi,

I just want to make sure I get the right size parts.

If I build the Lowrider 2 isn’t my only option the 25.4mm printed parts and also 25.4mm flat parts. From what I understand the LR2 must use the SS 1″ OD Round Tube. Or are there other options for rails for the LR2? Why would the 25mm even be offered for LR2?

Also, what type 1.0 inch OD SS Round Tube will work? ERW (welded), DOM and Seamless Tube seems to be the options…I think welded is lower priced.

New to this, so some questions may be novice to others, but I want to make sure.

Thanks,

Steve

I would imagine it’s because for places that deal in metric (outside of the US mostly), 25mm is more prevalent than 25.4, just like 6mm plywood would be easier to find than 6.35, and the same reason routers/spindles in those countries use 3mm bits instead of 3.175

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Yeah other countries.

As for the type of tube the cheaper stuff is plenty fine. If you find it has a noticeable weld seam just make sure the bearing does not ride on it.

Stephen
    Participant

Okay thanks Ryan…..and so the 1″ OD SS Tube uses the 25.4mm parts correct?

Jeff
    Participant

Okay thanks Ryan…..and so the 1″ OD SS Tube uses the 25.4mm parts correct?

That’s correct.  Any 1” O.D. SS TUBE will work (not pipe – different OD even though it will be called 1” it’s aftually too big).

Stephen
    Participant

Okay thank you for confirming…

matt thomas
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get the parts for a lowrider for over a year now. Firstly I was checking for a time when all the parts were available at the same time. Then Lowrider 2 was announced so I waited for that. Then I was waiting for 25 mm parts  (Now I realise that I might as well go with 25.4) Over this time I’ve checked in very sporadically, and I’ve never found a time when all parts I wanted (printed and kit) are available at the same time. I want to buy them at the same time as I live in New Zealand, so I want them all shipped together.

I am starting to tear my hair out. Am I able to put in an order even though they are not available, and then have them shipped out together once they are all there? Or is that too much hassle?

thanks

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sorry it has been so frustrating for you. I hope these machines will always evolve though so waiting for changes is not the best of ideas. When a revision is close I pull the inventory. When I do make changes I put in a lot of effort to ensure the new parts needed are minimal and easily available. Most of us here kind of enjoy free or low cost improvements.

As for the 25mm parts on the LR for sale I have not gotten there yet. I finally had enough inventory on hand to start and then the move jumped in line. I moved to try increase my productivity and inventory.

I am trying hard to catch back up now.

Matt
    Participant

Hi Matt_Thomes,

Which side of the pond are you?

I’m in the UK and have just spent over 3 weeks sourcing all the bits for the LR2 and can help if you are stuck.

matt thomas
    Participant

Thanks, but I’m actually in New Zealand. I did try going through Amazon too, but met a few hurdles and went back for waiting for all to be in stock here..

I’ll keep waiting and checking back. Or maybe I’ll just order in drabs as bits come available.

matt thomas
    Participant

I see some of the parts became available again (printed parts minus rambo/screen cases), so I have ordered them.

This means I am going to have to make more than one order, and therefore pay for shipping twice, and not get a reduced shipping rate on some of it, but I really want to get into it 🙂

I’m hoping to make a laser harp for light festival here in May 🙂 🙂 🙂

Order #6576

Ryan
    Keymaster

Sorry bud doing what I can right now. I seem to be making some headway those parts were available for almost 2 days.

Ryan
    Keymaster

Those are 25.4, you sure that is the size you want?

matt thomas
    Participant

Yes, I’ve found a source of 25.4 stainless tube locally

And I figure I only have to consider the 25.4-ness whilst I’m ordering parts 🙂 It’s not like it’ll be a on going frustration having to convert all the time.

matt thomas
    Participant

And I just bought the kit.

I still need the flat parts, so if they’re in the oven, I don’t mind waiting a few days for them to be added to the order.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.