I’m planning to run mine in the basement. I’m in the process of building, and we will see if it all passes muster with the boss. Although mine only has a workspace of 12 x 24 inches, perhaps this will provide some ideas for you build. I’ve had a home build CNC years ago in the garage, and the two problems were dust and noise.
Here’s what I’ve got so far or plan:
1) A worktable with a drawer for tools and computer
2) A lip around the whole thing
3) A removable cabinet top that sits on the lip, with some foam stripping between to seal in the dust.
4) Viewports and cracks in seams are sealed.
5) I need to still work on a way of sealing and closing the doors.
6) A shop vac in a slapped together baffle box to help reduce the noise.
7) I am also building a dust separator from one of the designs on Thingiverse.
8) A dust shoe will also be used.
We will see how well this all works…